13 January 2014

A Cautionary Tale: When Google Decides To Hold On To Your Personal Data And Won’t Let Go



google-fail

We trust Google with our personal data every day: What happens when they won’t let us take it when we need it? I’ve recently had just such a scenario. I am a big Google fan – I use them as my search engine (of course), Chrome has been my primary browser for years, I’ve been managing my photos using Picasa, Google+ is my social network of choice, and I’ve been using Android smartphones exclusively since the Gingerbread days. So you could say I’m very much entangled in Google’s Web. Nothing to worry about, I thought, thanks to Google Takeout. I’ve...


Read the full article: A Cautionary Tale: When Google Decides To Hold On To Your Personal Data And Won’t Let Go



No comments:

Post a Comment